We're currently seeking submissions for our seventh (Fall/ Winter 2017-18) issue. The current submission cycle will end on 13 October, 2017.
- Please send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Please include a valid email address (preferred) or phone number where we may reach you.
- Our plan is to publish an e-zine twice a year (around Beltane and Samhain). The number of pages per issue may vary quite a bit; our goal is to publish quality work - we won't publish until we feel we have at least a few pages of content which meet a reasonable standard.
- Any American citizen (or person who spends much time in an American state or territory) who identifies as pagan is welcome to submit.
- At present, we only accept submissions in English. We recognize that it isn’t the only language spoken in America, but we don’t currently have enough panel members who are fluent in other languages to properly recognize work in other languages.
- Neither Spiral Tree panel members nor any other person associated with the ezine necessarily endorses or condones anything advocated by any other person associated with the project.
- Authors are responsible for assuring that they retain the full rights to any submitted piece. By submitting a piece, you are declaring that you own all rights for said piece and are responsible for all violations arising from any condition to the contrary.
- Submitting a piece means you acknowledge our right to publish it as part of our project and to leave it up in the future. However, the copyright and intellectual property rights for any piece published in any issue of Spiral Tree is retained by the author/s. No one may use any piece from the zine except by explicit permission of the piece's author/s.
- We are serious about preserving the anonymity of those who submit. If you wish to submit anonymously or under a pseudonym, please make sure you indicate this in an inquiry and/or submission email and use only the name you’d like to appear in the body of the work you submit. If you’d like to have your name or other information changed at any time, please email us and let us know. We’ll make the changes as soon as possible.
- Although we can utilize most file types, we prefer that text-based entries be sent to us in .rtf format or simply by pasting them into the text box of an email.
- If you are sending a picture file, please send it separately from any text that may accompany it (you're welcome to indicate exactly where you'd like the picture to go within your body of text, however).
- We’re mostly looking for submissions that fall in the G-PG13 range as far as maturity of content is concerned. We will, however, consider submissions for children as well as those for adults only, since we can publish them in separate areas of our website.
- The zine is run by a panel of pagans: Bahuvrihi, Coyvere, Onyx Selkie, and Ing Venning (with input from several advisory members). The project was also co-founded with the help of Avian CorVeen, although she no longer actively participates in panel decisions. The panel has the final word on all issues relating to the zine, our facebook page, this website, and submissions. We reserve the right to reject any submission for any reason whatsoever.
- Except in the case of certain children's pieces and experimental pieces, please write at at least a 6th-8th grade level (about the level of writing you'd expect from a newspaper article). Don't worry if you make a few mistakes, however. Members of our panel will review submissions and revise for grammar and style (but never content). By submitting your piece, you are agreeing to have it published with grammar and style edits - however, again, we will not change the content of your piece.
- We're sorry to say that we cannot offer any monetary compensation for pieces submitted. We will, however, publish an author's bio (please provide the relevant information with your submission - you may include a website address or other social media information and include a link or links to other work, unless this would involve linking to a site with adult content or linking to any site that involves a potential or actual violation of the law or of the ethics of members of the panel).
- Inquiries are welcome, but it may take several days to answer depending on how busy the panel members are. Thanks in advance for your effort, time, attention, energy, and patience.
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.